The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (Chairperson Hyun Byung-chul) had a starting ceremony of the 7th Monitoring Group on Human Rights of Older Persons on 12 May at Human Rights Education Center in Chungju. The Monitoring group, composed of older persons, will monitor and protect human rights of older persons. The NHRCK appointed ..
The National Human Rights Commission of Korea(Chairperson Hyun Byung-chul) with the KNA Human Rights Forum, and Karts, hosted a panel discussion to identify challenges and policy measures regarding ageing of separated families on 3 April. This year marks 70th anniversary of independence and division of both Koreas. The division ..
The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (Chairperson, Hyun Byung-chul) hosted a debate under the title of "International Trend on North Korean Human Rights and North Korea's Strategy and Response" on 27 November, 2014. On November 18, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution on North Korean human rights which includes subm..
Opening of Daejeon Regional Human Rights Office - Expected to carry out counselling, complaints investigation, human rights education, and cooperation with other institutions o The National Human Rights Commission of Korea(Chairperson Hyun Byung-chul) opened Daejeon regional human rights office on 15 October, 2014, which..
o The NHRCK(Chairperson, Hyun Byung-chul), on 2 October, hosted a briefing on the Partial Amendment to the National Human Rights Commission Act(the "Amendment Proposal") and the Guideline regarding Principles and Procedures on Selection/Appointment of Commissioners of the National Human Rights Commission of Korea(the "Guideline") for the public inc..
o The National Human Rights Commission of Korea(Chairperson, Hyun Byung-chul), with the Human Liberty Center of Yonsei University(Chairperson, Lee Jung-hoon) and the Committee for the Democratization of North Korea(Chairperson, Hong Soon-kyung), co-hosted an open-forum titled 'measures for implementation of the UN COI recommendations' on 27 August,..
o The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (NHRCK), with the aim of exploring measures to enhance participation of women in politics, held a open forum and published a outcome on <Strenghtening the representation for women & Monitoring project on local election> at Rachel Carson's Hall of the Greenfund on 22 July 2014..
From Gabon Nigeria, Nepal, Laos, Moldova, Mongolia, Honduras, Iraq, etc. - Experience-sharing and technical support for the promotion and protection of human rights - oThe National Human Rights Commission of Korea (NHRCK), in cooperation with KOICA, held the 2014 Human Rights Policy Development Program from 19 June to 9 J..
- [2015.05.14] Statement of Chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission ..
- [2015.05.14] Chairperson‘s Statement for Promotion of Human Rights of Children..
- [2015.05.14] Chairperson‘s Statement on the 1st year of the Sewol Ferry Traged..
- [2015.05.14] Asking irrelevant questions on age and major during lecture viola..
- [2015.05.14] Freedom of Expression of Juvenile has to be guaranteed
- [2013.05.08] 2013 Creative Competition under the theme of Human Rights
- [2013.05.08] NHRCK and Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education’s Special Lectur..
- [2013.05.08] Recommendation to enhance job security and treatment of irregular..
- [2013.05.08] Recommendation to Improve the Industry Lockout Policies and Pract..
- [2013.05.08] Accusation of the Director of Orphanage of Child Abuse
The Commission was established in 2001 as a national advocacy institution for human rights protection. It is committed to the fulfillment of human rights in a broader sense, including dignity, value and freedom of every human being, as signified in international human rights conventions and treaties to which Korea...