Symposium on Transitional Justice Measures in Germany and Crimes against Humanity in North Korea The National Human Rights Commission of Korea co-hosted a symposium on Transitional Justice Measures in Germany and Crimes Against Humanity in North Korea with the TJWG and HEKO on 28 July, 2015 at the Korea Press Center. The NHRCK h..
The National Human Rights Commission of Korea hosted a panel discussion under the theme of expectations and prospects for the OHCHR Seoul Office on 26 June, 2015. The OHCHR opened the Seoul Office pursuant to the recommendations from the UN COI on North Korean Human Rights which recommended establishing a field based structure to support ..
The National Human Rights Commission of Korea hosted a special lecture by Michael K. Addo, Chairperson of the UN Working Group on the issues of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises on May 18, 2015, at the President Hotel in Seoul, Korea. The NHRCK organized the lecture in a bid to provide an opportuni..
The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (Chairperson Hyun Byung-chul) had a starting ceremony of the 7th Monitoring Group on Human Rights of Older Persons on 12 May at Human Rights Education Center in Chungju. The Monitoring group, composed of older persons, will monitor and protect human rights of older persons. The NHRCK appointed ..
The National Human Rights Commission of Korea(Chairperson Hyun Byung-chul) with the KNA Human Rights Forum, and Karts, hosted a panel discussion to identify challenges and policy measures regarding ageing of separated families on 3 April. This year marks 70th anniversary of independence and division of both Koreas. The division ..
The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (Chairperson, Hyun Byung-chul) hosted a debate under the title of "International Trend on North Korean Human Rights and North Korea's Strategy and Response" on 27 November, 2014. On November 18, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution on North Korean human rights which includes subm..
Opening of Daejeon Regional Human Rights Office - Expected to carry out counselling, complaints investigation, human rights education, and cooperation with other institutions o The National Human Rights Commission of Korea(Chairperson Hyun Byung-chul) opened Daejeon regional human rights office on 15 October, 2014, which..
o The NHRCK(Chairperson, Hyun Byung-chul), on 2 October, hosted a briefing on the Partial Amendment to the National Human Rights Commission Act(the "Amendment Proposal") and the Guideline regarding Principles and Procedures on Selection/Appointment of Commissioners of the National Human Rights Commission of Korea(the "Guideline") for the public inc..
- [2015.08.12] MoU with Dongcheon Foundation for Human Rights of Persons with Di..
- [2015.08.12] Revealing irrelevant criminal record at time of arrest is human r..
- [2015.08.12] Seclusion/constraint without direction from doctor mostly happen ..
- [2015.08.12] Chairperson‘s Statement on Decision regarding Establishment of El..
- [2015.07.15] Delegations from the CDPF visited the NHRCK
- [2013.05.08] 2013 Creative Competition under the theme of Human Rights
- [2013.05.08] NHRCK and Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education’s Special Lectur..
- [2013.05.08] Recommendation to enhance job security and treatment of irregular..
- [2013.05.08] Recommendation to Improve the Industry Lockout Policies and Pract..
- [2013.05.08] Accusation of the Director of Orphanage of Child Abuse
The Commission was established in 2001 as a national advocacy institution for human rights protection. It is committed to the fulfillment of human rights in a broader sense, including dignity, value and freedom of every human being, as signified in international human rights conventions and treaties to which Korea...