The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (Chairperson, Hyun Byung-chul) hosted a debate under the title of "International Trend on North Korean Human Rights and North Korea's Strategy and Response" on 27 November, 2014. On November 18, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution on North Korean human rights which includes subm..
Opening of Daejeon Regional Human Rights Office - Expected to carry out counselling, complaints investigation, human rights education, and cooperation with other institutions o The National Human Rights Commission of Korea(Chairperson Hyun Byung-chul) opened Daejeon regional human rights office on 15 October, 2014, which..
o The NHRCK(Chairperson, Hyun Byung-chul), on 2 October, hosted a briefing on the Partial Amendment to the National Human Rights Commission Act(the "Amendment Proposal") and the Guideline regarding Principles and Procedures on Selection/Appointment of Commissioners of the National Human Rights Commission of Korea(the "Guideline") for the public inc..
o The National Human Rights Commission of Korea(Chairperson, Hyun Byung-chul), with the Human Liberty Center of Yonsei University(Chairperson, Lee Jung-hoon) and the Committee for the Democratization of North Korea(Chairperson, Hong Soon-kyung), co-hosted an open-forum titled 'measures for implementation of the UN COI recommendations' on 27 August,..
o The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (NHRCK), with the aim of exploring measures to enhance participation of women in politics, held a open forum and published a outcome on <Strenghtening the representation for women & Monitoring project on local election> at Rachel Carson's Hall of the Greenfund on 22 July 2014..
From Gabon Nigeria, Nepal, Laos, Moldova, Mongolia, Honduras, Iraq, etc. - Experience-sharing and technical support for the promotion and protection of human rights - oThe National Human Rights Commission of Korea (NHRCK), in cooperation with KOICA, held the 2014 Human Rights Policy Development Program from 19 June to 9 J..
o The National Human Rights Commission of Korea (NHRCK) held the first Human rights-friendly Business Management Forum in cooperation with Small and Medium Business Administration on 11 June, 2014 at Press Center in Seoul in order to forster culture of human rights-friendly management in the business area. . o The first s..
Partnership Program with NHRIs of Poland and Thailand - a forum for cooperation and exchange on regional human rights issues - o The NHRCK(Chariperson, Hyun Byung-chul) hosted a 2014 Partnership Program for Human Rights Defenders with 3 members of NHRIs from Poland and Thailand from April 21 to 25 at Baeumteo(Floor 8) and Education Cent..
- [2015.03.30] 2015 Training Course for Human Rights Instructor in Military by t..
- [2015.03.30] The NHRCK carried out on-site consultation for people with AIDS
- [2015.03.27] Monitoring personal lives of baseball players through closed-circ..
- [2015.03.16] Conducting Night Investigation is Human Rights Infringement
- [2015.03.16] Excessive use of protective equipment by prison officer violates ..
- [2013.05.08] 2013 Creative Competition under the theme of Human Rights
- [2013.05.08] NHRCK and Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education’s Special Lectur..
- [2013.05.08] Recommendation to enhance job security and treatment of irregular..
- [2013.05.08] Recommendation to Improve the Industry Lockout Policies and Pract..
- [2013.05.08] Accusation of the Director of Orphanage of Child Abuse
The Commission was established in 2001 as a national advocacy institution for human rights protection. It is committed to the fulfillment of human rights in a broader sense, including dignity, value and freedom of every human being, as signified in international human rights conventions and treaties to which Korea...