National Human Rights Commission of Korea

All menus
The World for All National Human Rights Commission of Korea is always with you
The World for All National Human Rights Commission of Korea is always with you

Making a Complaint

You can make a complaint to the National Human Rights Commission of Korea (NHRCK) on cases as follows

In case :

Human rights under the provisions of Article 10 through 22 are violated by state agencies, local governments, detention or correctional facilities while such entities perform their duties.

In case :

There exists a discriminatory act of any violation of the right of equality by a juristic person, organization or private individual. That is, without any reasonable grounds, in case a person is unlawfully discriminated by gender, religion, disability, age, social status, regional, national or ethnic origin, physical condition such as physical features, marital status, pregnancy or delivery, family status, race, skin color, thought or political opinion, criminal record of which effective term of the punishment has expired, sexual orientation, or medical history.

Who can make a complaint :

A complaint may be filled

by a person aggrieved by human rights violations and unlawful discriminatory acts;
by a third party, who knows of such violations and discriminations, on behalf of the affected person.

Prohibition of Unfavorable Treatment

Any person shall not be subject to removal from his/her office, transfer to another position, disciplinary action and unjust treatment, or other unfavorable measures in status or treatment on account of his/her petition, statement, witness, presentation of materials or reply under this Act.

How to make a complaint :

By calling :

Dial at 1331 (Seoul and Kyeonggi-do) or at 02-1331 (Other regions)

By mail / visiting :

Human Rights Counseling Center, National Human Rights Commission, 10th Floor Narakium Jeo-dong Bldg., 340, Samil-daero, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea, 04551

By fax :


By e-mail :

If filing a complaint by mail, fax, and e-mail, please fill out your name and telephone number.
If a detainee or inmate in detention or correctional facilities want to file a complaint, (s)he can use a complaint box installed by the NHRC in every facility or request the NHRC to visit her/him to the facilities in order to file a complaint after a face-to-face interview with a staff member of the NHRC.

  • E-mail :
Back to top
Back to top
Go to the main page Close all menus